Friday, May 8, 2009

ND DOT ROAD REPORT WEBSITE

The crisis communication of keeping people aware of travel conditions around Barnes county. The DOT and sheriffs department did a good job on keeping people safe on the roads after the rains gave way the snow which caused major flooding which washed out culverts that couldn't keep up with the water going into them. And places where the water could not pass through it simply went over roads causing dangerous situations. People where well aware of the roads closed by be able to look up on the DOT website of road closures. http://www.dot.nd.gov/roadreport/roadreport/roadreport.asp It gave people a place to look up before even trying to venture out. I know I relied on this website when i needed to get to Fargo when they were flooding to help my sister. It took me a long time to get there but if i would of just left and tried to find my own way I wont of been able to make it there on a tank of gas and probably would of been stuck somewhere. This website helped allot of people through the winter and especially through this flood season. I think this is a good way to help motorist during a crisis.

1 comment:

  1. That was a very useful website. My mom used it to find out if the road she takes to work was open and if it wasn’t to find an alternate route to work. We also used it to find out if it was possible to get to Valley City to move my stuff out of my dorm room. That site probably helped many people to figure out routes to get where they needed to go.

    ReplyDelete